Bottom line: You want to get published. You want to control the future of your manuscript and your writing career. Best-selling author Marilyn Ross and publishing expert Sue Collier show you how to make your own success—whether you’re a published author, entrepreneur, corporation, professional, or absolute newcomer to writing.
In this expanded and completely revised 5th edition of the bible of self-publishing (over 100,000 copies sold), you’ll be empowered to publish your own work with minimal risk and maximum profits. You’ll find:
- Complete step-by-step guidance on publishing and marketing a book
- Ways to leverage social media marketing to build your platform and make yourself stand out from the crowd
- A thorough explanation of the differences among POD self-publishing, subsidy publishing and true self-publishing—and how to decide which is the best option for you
- Practical advice on making the decision between offset printing and print-on-demand
- How to leverage the Internet to create buzz and promote your book with killer PR
- The latest information on e-publishing
- A detailed marketing plan and timetable to keep you on track
- Proven marketing strategies to get free publicity, reach nontraditional buyers and sell books
- Information-packed appendices with marketing contacts, organizations and vendors, complete with names, addresses, and websites
- Valuable case studies and examples of how other publishers excel
- Dozens of tips and resources for publishing and selling books in Canada
- An in-depth discussion of exclusive distributors, plus coverage of the most recent changes in bookstores and the book selling industry
- Thirty-one ideas for generating capital to launch your publishing company
The Complete Guide to Self-publishing is the one book you need to take control of your writing career. Read it. Believe it. Do it. Your future depends on it.