Amazon has begun a limited beta of a new author community where readers can communicate with their favorite authors through the Amazon.com website or directly through their Kindles. @author lets readers ask questions of their favorite authors.
When a reader asks a question, Amazon will tweet it to the author and post it on the Author’s page. You will be notified by email if the author responds to your question. Other readers can also answer questions from the author’s page, so readers may find themselves in an impromptu book club, discussing their favorite author’s latest book.
Because @author is in a limited beta, only a few authors are currently participating. (See the list below.) No word from Amazon about when or if the program will be opened up to other authors or made available to all Amazon authors.
- Ted Dekker: (@tedDekker) Forbidden and The Priest’s Graveyard
- Timothy Ferriss: (@tferriss) The 4-Hour Body and The 4-Hour Workweek
- Marie Force: (@MarieForce) Ready for Love and Fool for Love
- Barbara Freethy: (@BarbaraFreethy) Love Will Find a Way and One True Love
- Steven Johnson: (@stevenbjohnson) Where Good Ideas Come From and Everything Bad Is Good for You
- Robert Kiyosaki: (@theRealKiyosaki) Rich Dad, Poor Dad and Rich Dad’s Cashflow Quadrant
- J.A. Konrath: (@jakonrath) SERIAL and Endurance
- John Locke: (@DonovanCreed) The Love You Crave and Lethal People
- Elisa Lorello: (@ElisaLorello) Ordinary World
- C.J. Lyons: (@cjlyonswriter) Blind Faith and Borrowed Time
- Debbi Mack: (@debbimack) Identity Crisis and Least Wanted
- Brad Meltzer: (@bradmeltzer) The Inner Circle and The Zero Game
- Scott Nicholson: (@hauntedcomputer) Ashes and Write Good or Die
- Susan Orlean: (@susanorlean) Rin Tin Tin and The Orchid Thief
- Deborah Reed: (@DebReedAuthor) Carry Yourself Back to Me and A Small Fortune
- James Rollins: (@jamesrollins) The Skeleton Key and The Devil Colony
Source: Kindle Daily Post